Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom provides seamless and reliable video and web meetings for up to 100 participants, who can join, share and record content using PC, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android or BlackBerry devices.
Zoom leverages the ultra-high bandwidth and low-latency AARNet network to deliver a high-quality user experience while supporting potentially thousands of simultaneous meetings.
It integrates with calendars and learning management systems, using a simple URL click to call function. This makes it easy for educators to create virtual classrooms that are accessible across a range of devices.
Guests without accounts can easily join meetings at no cost, making Zoom a game-changing collaboration platform for researchers working with partners in different organisations.
- High quality video conferencing and desktop sharing.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Chrome OS, Mac and PC.
- "Click to join" meetings and no need for guest accounts
- Webinars with up to 10,000 view-only attendees.
- Annual, low-cost educational licenses.
- Meetings are hosted on AARNet servers, traffic is on-net for AARNet-connected institutions.
- Low data requirements so works well at low bandwidth.
- Complete end-to-end encryption.
- Free video calls via integration with the AARNet Unified Communications Exchange and Global Real Time Communications platforms.
- Save recordings directly to CloudStor.
- Developer platform including integration with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
CASE STUDY: Western Sydney University teams up with Zoom and AARNet
VIDEO: Interview with WSU CIO Kerry Holling and Snr Project Manager Geoff Lambert
NEWS: Zoom uptake soars at WSU
NEWS: Zoom boosts communication and teamwork at USQ
Find out more about why you should be using Zoom
Please contact us for a demonstration.
Zoom Cloud Conferencing
Video, Voice and Collaboration as a Service
Zoom Video Conferencing features
Here are some of the key features that make Zoom a reliable service for delivering high-quality virtual meeting experiences:
- High definition virtual meetings and application/desktop sharing for up to 100 participants + upgrade to 200, 300 or 500.
- Compatible with multiple devices: free Zoom clients available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Chrome OS, Mac and PC.
- Webinars: up to 10,000 view-only attendees.
- Easy to use: simple interface and “click to join” meetings.
- Training: co-annotation and white-boarding tools.
- Integrated scheduling: works with your calendaring system and existing work flows.
- Compatible dial-in: voice-only phone and SIP/H323 video conferencing.
- Seamless access: using single-sign-on (SAML2.0) for your institution.
- Developer platform: including integration with learning management systems.
- Feature rich: polling, attention tracker, closed caption, breakout rooms, virtual background.
- Record meetings locally or in the cloud: cloud recording saves video/audio/chat files automatically in CloudStor, AARNet’s cloud research storage solution.
- Single sign-on (SAML2.0) for seamless access.
- Zoom rooms – Flexible room support: https://zoom.us/zoomrooms.
Zoom Video Conferencing Pricing
Annual low cost-research and education sector pricing is available to eligible AARNet clients.
Please contact us for a quote.